2nd Ave & Niwot Road, Niwot, CO 80544
From pubs to a fancy French restaurant, Niwot also houses its share of cozy and delicious eateries.
Named after an Arapahoe chief, Niwot (which means Left Hand) was once an important hunting and fishing area for American Indians. Gold miners arrived in 1875, followed by a railroad extension, which boosted the local economy by linking local farms with distant markets. Today, the depot is gone, but many of the original structures on the east side of the tracks make up the National Historic District known as Old Town.
Near town is the Boulder Reservoir, a popular spot for swimming, boating, jogging, biking and bird watching. Of course, Boulder's and extensive network of trails are also just miles from Niwot.