County Road 77, Jefferson, CO 80456
The South Platte Forest Reserve was established in 1892 to protect dwindling forests and grasslands in this area. Edwin D. Hepburn began his duties as a forest ranger in 1905. Mr. Hepburn and others used this site, known as Centerville, as a Forest Service ranger station between 1908 and 1910. Here they fought forest fires and apprehended poachers and timber thieves.