COZY UP WITH YOUR SWEETHEART IN COLORADO THIS VALENTINE’S DAY
DENVER (January 20, 2011) – Winter is one of the most romantic times of year in Colorado. Beautiful, snowcapped mountains act as a dramatic backdrop for couples while scores of hotels and resorts around the state offer a number of special deals and packages, making it easy to plan a special getaway for two.
From pampering spa and hot springs packages to secluded horseback rides through snow covered meadows, Colorado offers a variety of Cupid-approved romantic getaways. Below is a sampling of Colorado deals and packages for Valentine’s Day—and beyond. For more ways to experience romance in Colorado, visit www.COLORADO.com.
• Get Pampered in Durango. Escape for two nights to Durango’s Blue Lake Ranch Bed and Breakfast, featuring spacious ‘casita’ accommodations with mountain views, a roaring fireplace and jacuzzi tub. Then it’s wine or champagne, a cheese platter, in-room massages and daily breakfast starting at $455 per couple. www.bluelakeranch.com; 970-384-4537
• Love is in the Air at Gateway Canyons. Gateway Canyons, a jewel nestled on Colorado’s western slope, offers a “Love is in the Air” package that includes a scenic air tour, custom massages, a carriage ride, bottle of Colorado wine, Valentine’s dinner and chocolate-covered strawberries. Prices start at $376 per person. www.gatewaycanyons.com; 866-671-4733
• Soak and Spa in Pagosa Springs. Pamper yourselves at the Springs Resort and Spa with 24-hour access to natural hot springs pools, a bottle of champagne, two complimentary champagne flutes, two one-hour Swedish massages, a dinner coupon, gourmet chocolates and more. Pricing starts at $554 per night. www.pagosahotsprings.com; 800-225-0934
• A New ‘Twist’ on Romance in Denver. The funky Curtis Hotel in Denver is offering a package that features a Twister board game setup on the bed upon check in. Enjoy accommodations for two, a bottle of wine in room or a round of shots at The Corner Office as well as rose petal turndown service. Prices start at $229 per night. www.thecurtis.com; 800-525-6651
• Austere Romance for Less Than $100 Per Night. Looking for romance on a shoestring budget? Pack a picnic and head to Golden Gate Canyon State Park, just 30 miles from Denver. Savor the scenery from Panoramic Point, which offers 100-mile views of the Continental Divide. Then spend an intimate evening in a cozy yurt, starting at $70 per night. www.parks.state.co.us
• Rustic Getaway in Woodland Park. Enjoy two nights lodging at the Rusty Spur Bunk and Barn in Woodland Park, including a hot tub soak under the stars at the base of Pikes Peak, champagne, chocolate and a gourmet breakfast. Rates start at $175. www.rustyspurbunkandbarn.com; 719-687-4260.
• Romance on Skis in Breckenridge. Ski lovers looking for deals should check out Breckenridge. The resort offers packages featuring three nights lodging and three days of lift tickets at the Breckenridge Ski Resort starting at just $133 per person, per night. www.gobreck.com; 888-251-2417.
• Stay and Horseback Ride in Almont: Enjoy one night’s lodging at Almont Resort and an hour-long horseback ride for two through snow-covered meadows. Prices start at $195 per night. Discount ski lift tickets are available with lodging purchase. www.almontresort.com; 970-641-4009
• Second Night Free in Crested Butte: Stay one night and get the second for free at the Elevation Hotel and Spa, a slope side property at Crested Butte Mountain Resort. www.skicb.com; 877-326-1467
• Royal Romance at the Brown Palace: Couples will be pampered like royalty with lodging at the historic Brown Palace, a candlelit 50-minute couple’s massage, a bottle of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries, a signature rose petal turndown and breakfast for two. Prices start at $464. www.brownpalace.com; 800-321-2599
• Mountains of Love in Telluride: Includes lodging at Mountain Lodge at Telluride, a bottle of champagne and chocolate-covered strawberries upon arrival, along with either a couple’s massage or private individual 60-minute massage. Prices start at $125 per person, per night. www.mountainlodgetelluride.com; 970-369-5000
Colorado is a four-season destination offering unparalleled adventure and recreational pursuits, a thriving arts scene, a rich cultural heritage, flavorful cuisine, 26 renowned ski areas and resorts. The state's breathtaking scenic landscape boasts natural hot springs, the headwaters of seven major rivers, many peaceful lakes and reservoirs, 54 mountain peaks that top 14,000 feet and 12 national parks, monuments and historic sites. For more information or a copy of the 2011 Colorado Official State Vacation Guide, visit www.COLORADO.com or call 1-800-COLORADO. Media are invited to visit the Colorado Media Room at www.COLORADO.com/media-room for story ideas, press releases, press kits, and high-resolution, downloadable photos and video for editorial use. Follow Colorado on Twitter at www.twitter.com/colorado or become a Colorado Facebook fan at www.facebook.com/visitcolorado.