Because of our varied geography, Colorado's season often overlap and you can find yourself leaf peeping one day and golfing or skiing the next. Fall in Colorado typically runs in September and early October above 8,500 feet in elevation (that is, in the mountains), and from late September to early November below 8,500 feet.
A few trip ideas for fall:
• Drive one of our 26 scenic and historic byways
• Find a festival or event celebrating the harvest season
• Find Colorado's haunted places
• See a Broncos, Nuggets, Rapids or Avalanche game
• Listen to bugling elk in Estes Park